PAL Carbon enables you to quickly and easily access carbon prices.
- PAL Carbon places a dollar price on the damages attributable to climate change per tonne of CO2 emitted.
- Selected fuel and energy types have prices weighted by their CO2 impact and usage.
- Prices are updated intraday in conjunction with availability of latest global temperature anomaly data.
PALcarbon may be easily navigated by tapping menu bar buttons at the top of the screen and by tapping on individual carbon indices shown.
Tap on a carbon index to show intraday prices and data on the lower half of the screen.
Market prices (open, high, low and latest) are displayed for the last 24 hour period. 52 week high and low prices are displayed also.
Real time market prices are published every 5 minutes and are subject to a 60 minute delay. For all other markets, prices are published daily at 11:00 UTC.
Carbon indices are named using a two character country code (as per ISO-3166-1 alpha-2) followed by fuel type.
Three global indices are published for all markets, and are preceded by ‘PAL’ –
- PAL Carbon latest (spot) price
- PAL Carbon 3 month future/forward
- PAL Carbon 6 month future/forward
The following energy analytics are shown:
- Output – the current megawatt output for the selected fuel type and market. Outputs may vary during the day.
- Emissions rate – the current amount of carbon emissions as tonnes CO2 per hour. Emissions rate may vary during the day.
- Intensity – the carbon intensity in terms of tonnes of CO2 per megawatt hour. Output x Intensity = Emissions
- Temperature Anomaly (TA) – the current intraday temperature anomaly. TA may vary during the day.
Tap on the chart button to view price movements for the selected fuel type for the last 24 hours.
On mobile devices, rotate to view the chart in full screen mode.
PALcarbon groups carbon prices, for convenience, as a set of views: by country, market and sector.
Views should be self explanatory –
- Real Time Markets
- Composite Markets
- All Countries
- Energy Sector
- Transport Sector
- Markets by Continent
Tap on a view and the constituent markets will be displayed.
Markets are listed in order of carbon intensity, the highest intensity appearing at the top.
Tap on a market to view the carbon prices per fuel type for that market.
Tap the info button for information about PALcarbon, and to change language. PALcarbon is currently available in English and French.
Tap the share button to share the app with your colleagues and friends via social networks and email.
Tap the bookmark button to bookmark the app for easy access on your smartphone.
Still have questions or need more help? Please don’t hesitate to contact us, and we’ll get back to you as quick as we can.